Effective March 11, 2022: The Music Hall has removed the proof of vaccination or negative test requirement to attend events.
However, we are still in a period of transition so the protocols for select events may differ.
Check each event page for requirements for your show.
If you are sick, with symptoms or have come in direct contact with a person who is positive for COVID, please do not come to the theater.
All Music Hall events will be presented in accordance with applicable public health mandates along with the artist’s requirements as of the date of the event, which could include changes to mask requirements, capacity, attendance prerequisites, procedures, and other protective measures. Safety protocols for offsite Music Hall events will be developed in conjunction with those venues and will be communicated in advance.
By purchasing a ticket you are agreeing to follow the protocols as they are on the day of your event.
Thank you for your understanding and support throughout this trying and uncertain time.
What We’re Doing to Keep You, the Artists, and Our Team Safe:
- We are using guidance issued by CDC, state, and local authorities, as well as considering other safety measures to inform our policies
- We have a brand new, upgraded HVAC system, with medical-grade filtration and iWave ionization
- Hand sanitizer stations are placed throughout the theater
- We will be reassessing often and adjusting protocols as the situation changes
What We’re Asking You to Do When You Visit:
- Masks are recommended for anyone who is unvaccinated, though they are not required at this time.
- If you are feeling sick, have symptoms of COVID-19, or if you have been exposed to someone who has tested positive to COVID-19, please stay home!
- Even if you feel healthy and safe, please be considerate of your fellow patrons by following these protocols and be respectful of your neighbor
Do I have to wear a mask?
On February 15, 2022, the City of Portsmouth rescinded its directive requiring people to wear face masks indoors. Masks are recommended if you are unvaccinated, but at this time it is not required. As stated above, requirements may vary from show to show, please see your event listing for full details prior to purchasing a ticket.
What does the new HVAC system do?
The new HVAC has a new fresh air intake and will run on a 24-hour schedule. There are custom filters for both facilities and the new system is retrofitted into systems like hospitals and gyms. It’s called the iWave system and it is a commercial-grade ionizing system that will help improve our HVAC filters. Ionization attracts and combines particulates so that they are captured more easily by the filters.
How are you keeping the theater clean?
The theater will be thoroughly cleaned each day between events. Surfaces are regularly sanitized throughout the day with strong disinfectant products.
There is an inherent and elevated risk of exposure to COVID-19 in any public place and there is no guarantee, express or implied, that those attending an event will not be exposed to COVID-19.
Attendee Promise & Health Acknowledgement
All attendees agree to follow venue policies – including health and safety policies – and posted instructions while visiting. All attendees should evaluate their risk in determining whether to attend the event. By entering the venue, attendees voluntarily assume all risks related to exposure to COVID-19 and confirm that they will adhere to local quarantine mandates and the CDC quarantine requirements, available on the CDC website.