Full-time – Portsmouth, NH
Responsible for maintaining and implementing the policies of The Music Hall’s underlying IT infrastructure across multiple venues and office locations. Manages the organization’s computers, IT vendors, computer peripherals, telecommunication systems, Internet connectivity, software applications, and cloud-based systems. Serves as the in-house Help Desk and training resource.
Essential Job Duties:
- Manage the physical inventory, deployment, monitoring, maintenance, recycling/disposal and support of all IT systems, including PC & Mac workstations, operating systems, telephones, mobile devices, software applications, and peripherals.
- Provide expertise and support during device/system upgrades, installations, conversions, and file maintenance. Assist others on staff and collaborate with vendors on database administration when needed.
- Work with various departments and IT vendors to develop strategies and plans to enhance end user experience, organizational efficiency, improve user effectiveness, and foster innovation.
- Communicate regularly with executive management and all users of information services and systems regarding IT-related announcements and plans.
- Manage and enforce security solutions, as well as monitoring of network hardware and equipment with assistance of outside consultant(s) and vendors across multiple Music Hall venues and office locations.
- Adapt systems and IT infrastructure to the changing needs of users (including volunteers of the organization), groups and offices; new projects and technologies; and varying staff strengths.
- Develop standard operating procedures and best practices for both cloud-based and locally maintained systems, including administrative and end user accounts, file sharing practices, license agreements, disaster recovery and business continuity planning, and documentation of modifications and upgrades.
- Develop and track IT related budgets including the annual operating and capital expenses to include a long range (5 year) spending plan of major expenses and system/hardware replacement.
- Provide end-user services and training, including onboarding new staff, help desk and technical support services.
- Assist with audio visual support for staff and board meetings as needed.
3+ years of IT management experience or degree and certifications in computer technology including workstation solutions and IT architecture. Direct experience in working with G Suite (Google Mail, Calendars, Drive, etc.) and Active Directory are a must. Equally adept in supporting both PC and Mac users. Keen ability to communicate and translate IT related speak with vendors, Music Hall executives, staff and volunteers. Practical, fix-it personality, ability to work with limitations and deadlines, places value on community arts and culture, self-directed, quick learner, and a never-ending willingness to jump in, learn, help drive change and find solutions.
Reports to: Chief Financial Officer
Internal contacts: Works across the whole organization
External contacts: Vendors and Service providers
How to Apply