SENIOR FRONT OF HOUSE MANAGER
Full-time – Portsmouth, NH
The Music Hall, a vibrant and active arts and culture nonprofit, seeks an energetic and motivated person as its Senior Front of House Manager. Under the leadership of a progressive Executive Director and a forward looking staff The Music Hall has become one of the premier performing arts centers in New England and is poised for further growth.
The Senior Front of House Manager is a full-time, benefitted position and is responsible for the coordination and smooth operation of The Music Hall’s Historic Theater and the Loft Front of House areas, including three custom lobbies, two concession areas, four bars, coat check, as well as front of house show duties. This position encompasses bar/concession management and supervision of a Food and Beverage manager, part–time bartenders, part-time house managers, volunteer coordinator and volunteer staff assigned to ushering, coat check, merchandise, and concessions, for live events, movies, and private events. The Senior Front of House Manager will be responsible for supervising the bar manager in ordering and buying liquor and concessions supplies, some merchandise, and working with caterers. This is a high visibility position and very hands on.
Experience in hospitality industry and or theater front of house management a must. The patron’s experience at The Music Hall will be of primary concern, as well as maximizing revenue streams and controlling costs. Create and drive a service culture, which delivers outstanding customer service through all aspects of the business, including volunteer training and expectations. Being able to deliver high standards in a fast-paced environment with a pioneering attitude is essential. This position is full-time with evening and weekend schedules and includes The Music Hall benefit package including health insurance, participation in a 401K plan, vacation and sick pay. Compensation is commensurate with experience.
- Post-secondary education – diploma or certificate
- Experience with hospitality industry and liquor
- Experience with retail and restaurant management
- Experience with volunteers and practical knowledge of theatre environment preferred
- First Aid training and CPR preferred
- Excellent interpersonal skills, even temperament, ability to supervise effectively
- Strong organizational and management skills
- Willing to work weekends, evenings, and some split shifts
- Sustained physical activity through lifting up to 50lb. (canisters and water bottles), pushing carts and lobby set up
- People person and team player
- Organized and upbeat personality
- Enjoy a fast paced environment and hospitality, enjoy hosting patrons
- Responsive and considerate of guest/patron needs
- Energetic person with a creative side looking for an attractive mix of arts and hospitality.
Reports to: Director of Operations
Subordinate staff: House Managers, Coordinator of Volunteers, 200+ volunteers.
Other internal contacts: Production Manager, Box Office Manager
External contacts: Members, General Public, Tour Managers, Community Partners
How to Apply: