Be part of an amazing, fun, and hardworking team of arts professionals!
Position: Senior Front of House Manager
Department: Front of House
The Music Hall, an American Treasure for the Arts, seeks an energetic and motivated person for a new opportunity as the Music Hall expands operations with two venues and new products, Senior Front of House Manager. Under the leadership of a progressive Executive Director, with a forward looking staff, The Music Hall has become one of the premier venues on the New England Seaboard and is poised for further growth. The Senior Front of House Manager is responsible for the coordination and smooth operation of The Music Hall and the LOFT Front of House areas, including three custom lobbies, two concession areas and three bars, coat check, front of house show duties. This position encompasses bar/concession management and supervision of part–time bartenders, part-time house managers, volunteer coordinator and volunteer staff assigned to ushering, coat check, merchandise, and concessions, for live events, movies, and private events. The Senior Front of House Manager will be responsible for ordering and buying liquor and concessions supplies, some merchandise, and working with caterers. This is a high visibility position.
Experience in hospitality industry and or theater front of house management a must. The patron’s experience in the Music Hall will be of primary concern while maximizing revenue streams and controlling costs. Create and drive a service culture, which delivers outstanding customer service through all aspects of the business, including volunteer training and expectations. Being able to deliver high standards in a fast-paced environment with a pioneering attitude is essential. This position is full time with evening and weekend schedules and includes The Music Hall benefit package including health, participation in a 401b plan, vacation and sick pay. Compensation is commensurate with experience.
- Post-secondary education – diploma or certificate
- Experience with hospitality industry and liquor
- Experience with retail and restaurant management
- Experience with volunteers and practical knowledge of theatre environment preferred
- First Aid training and CPR preferred
- Excellent interpersonal skills, even temperament, ability to supervise effectively
- Strong organizational and management skills
- Willing to work weekends, evenings, and some split shifts
- Sustained physical activity through lifting up to 50lb. (canisters and water bottles), pushing carts and lobby set up
- People person and team player
- Organized and upbeat personality
- Enjoy a fast paced environment and hospitality, enjoy hosting patrons
- Responsive and considerate of guest/patron needs
- Energetic person with a creative side looking for an attractive mix of arts and hospitality.
- Coordinate and ensure the smooth operation of the Front of House and supervising front of house managers.
- Ensure the safety of patrons, volunteers, and staff through the proper implementation and enforcement of emergency procedures.
- Coordinate subordinate staff through training, evaluation and delegation of duties as necessary.
- Coordinate activities with the Production Manager, Special Events Manager, Technical Director and other appropriate staff.
- Coordinate the use of the Hall lobbies and LOFT for receptions including set up, catering and clean- up.
- Report and follow through on any malfunctions and safety concerns for the lobby and auditorium to operations team.
- Coordinate FOH requirements for special events and internal social events.
- Maintain quality control for volunteers, insure proper staffing and training, uniform use
- Supervise coordinator to manage volunteer expectations and drive a service culture
- Motivate and supervise staff and volunteers for bar and concession areas.
- Monitor Inventory controls, POS reports and deposit procedures
- Generate revenue through initiatives in food concession sales
- Recruit and train paid staff and volunteers to run the bar/concession.
- Maintain bar through inventory, purchasing and where necessary picking up and delivering certain supplies on a regular basis.
- Plan and purchase liquor.
- Plan, purchase and set up food for concession during special events and performances working with caterers.
- Attend ongoing training through NH State Liquor Commission.
- Maintain the cleanliness of the concession area and arrange for returns to bottle depot.
- Manage the deployment, monitoring, maintenance, development, upgrade, and support of all IT systems, including servers, PC & Mac workstations, operating systems, telephones, software applications, and peripherals.
- Provide expertise and support during system upgrades, installations, conversions and file maintenance
- Oversee systems development and enhancement and the integration of new systems with existing systems
- Work with advocacy staff to develop strategies and plans to enhance client services, improve user effectiveness, and foster innovation
- Communicate regularly with executive management and all users of information services and systems
- Manage IT consultant hours
- Adapt to the changing needs of users, groups and offices; new projects and technologies; and varying staff strengths
- Develop standard operating procedures and best practices, including providing written protocols and guidance to IT staff and to end-users
- Ensure the creation and maintenance of all written documentation, including system and user manuals, license agreements, and documentation of modifications and upgrades
- Oversee provision of end-user services, including help desk and technical support services
- Keep current with the latest technologies and determine what new technology solutions and implementations will meet business and system requirements
- Manage financial aspects of the IT Department, including purchasing, budgeting, and budget review
- Develop and implement all IT policies and procedures, including those for architecture, security, disaster recovery, standards, purchasing, and service provision
- Manage servers, security solutions, network hardware and equipment with assistance of outside consultant
- Manage telecommunications infrastructure and development plans, projects, policies and procedures
1.Part-time House Managers
2. Part-time Volunteer Coordinator-supervisor
Reports to: Director of Operations
Subordinate Staff: House Managers, Coordinator of Volunteers, 200+ volunteers.
Other Internal Contacts: Production Manager, Box Office Manager,
External Contacts: Members, General Public, Tour Managers, Community Partners
IT Manager, The Music Hall
The Music Hall, an American Treasure for the Arts, seeks an energetic and motivated IT manager. The two-venue performing arts center seeks an individual to keep this active arts organization’s IT running smoothly. The Music Hall is located in historic downtown Portsmouth, NH consistently named as one of the top ten small cities in America.
The IT Manager position is a forty hour per week position who, along with IT decision makers, devise the IT framework, technology procedures and practices. This person will maintain the policies and structures for managing the underlying IT infrastructure, which comprises all of the organization’s computers, servers, computer peripherals, telecommunication systems, Internet connectivity, software applications, and data centers. The IT Manager engages with external IT vendors, suppliers, outsourcing partners and software developers to buy IT assets and ensure the smooth running of the organizational IT infrastructure. An expert in the Music Hall systems and IT is available for consultation and problem solving for this position.
The IT Manager is also responsible for managing the internal and external digital communications policies and procedures (including intranet sites and databases). Additionally, they will act as the help desk, and training resource for the organization.
Must have 3+ years of IT management experience or degree and certifications in computer technology including workstation solutions and server management. Willing to come in or be available by cell in case of an IT emergency with box office or theater on evenings and weekends.
FTE with full benefit package including health benefits, two weeks paid vacation and eleven paid holidays, plus ten sick days. Base salary range (not including benefits) $39,000-$42,000.
Easy on people, tough on solutions
Practical fix it personality
Can work with limitations and deadlines
Places value on community, arts and culture
Self-directed, quick learner, willing to jump in
Familiarity with VMWare & ESXi, SQL. Blackbaud application software, and Google Apps, a plus.
Reports to: Executive Director
Subordinate Staff: Contract IT staff
Other Internal Contacts: end-users
External Contacts: vendors, hardware/software support,