Position: Intern for the Development Department at The Music Hall
The Music Hall is a performing arts center featuring curated entertainment from around the world in two theaters in its downtown Portsmouth, New Hampshire campus - one, a landmark 1878 Victorian theater, the other the intimate Music Hall Loft around the corner. A mid to large size presenting house, the Music Hall has a 3.4 million operating budget for FY 2013. Innovative in its outlook, the organization is community oriented and committed to making the Seacoast flourish. The Music Hall is 501c3 nonprofit managed by a professional staff with the assistance of a volunteer board and is located in the historic seaport town with great quality of life.
This unpaid position will gain a diverse amount of experience working with membership, special events and sponsors of The Music Hall. This individual will also be invited to participate in some of our events and parties throughout the summer. Interested candidates should have an interest in working in a nonprofit.
• Excellent computer skills are a must (experience with Raiser’s Edge a plus)
• Excellent research, written and oral communication skills
• Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail
• Need to be able to work independently with minimal supervision
• Previous experience working or volunteering in a professional environment strongly preferred
• Administrative work including preparing membership renewal packages, donation requests for other nonprofits, materials for meetings and events and large mailings
• Database clean up and maintenance
• Researching and creating efficient reporting strategies
• Additional roles as this individual develops within the department
Application Deadline: Rolling
Start Date: June 17, 2013