Full-Time, Salaried – Portsmouth, NH
Join a creative, fast-paced, fun-loving and collaborative marketing team at The Music Hall – a non-profit performing arts center located in historic downtown Portsmouth, NH that is consistently named one of the top ten small cities in America. This position is ideal for a creative thinking, detail-oriented, self-motivated, and curious individual who possesses excellent graphic design, written and verbal skills.
The Design Associate will work with our Marketing Communications Manager to produce all the marketing and communications collateral for The Music Hall: newspaper, magazine, and other print ads; brochures, invitations, and programs; email campaigns, graphics for social media, web content updates, and digital presentations. A portfolio of work and a writing sample will need to be submitted for consideration for this position.
- Design ads, posters, programs, email campaigns, and other marketing collateral
- Create graphics for print and web
- Manage multiple deadlines
- Interact with vendors and manage relationships
- Assist in management of billables and budget
- be highly creative and imaginative with an inquisitive nature and desire to learn
- have good written and interpersonal skills
- have an eye for detail
- working knowledge of Photoshop, InDesign and other Creative Suite products
- be at ease with spreadsheets, word processing, and presentations
- work well in a team
- be able to work under pressure with multiple deadlines
- have an interest in commerce, the arts, popular culture, and new advertising trends and techniques
- video and photography shooting and editing experience
- social media management experience
- experience with web CMS (Wordpress) and CRM (salesforce.com) software, Constant Contact and/or MailChimp
- comfortability with light HTML
Reports to: Director of Marketing
Subordinate staff: Interns, volunteers
Other internal contacts: Marketing, Development, Box Office, Programming, and Operations staff; Board of Trustees
External contacts: Vendors, members of The Music Hall, and the general public
This is a full-time position with some evening and weekends required. The Music Hall benefit package includes a health plan, participation in a 401(b), vacation and sick pay.
Compensation is commensurate with experience (not to mention, all the popcorn and coffee that you can consume, and the chance to see great performances and movies).
How to Apply: