FRONT OF HOUSE SUPERVISOR
Part-Time, hourly – Portsmouth, NH
The Music Hall is seeking an individual with great customer service abilities and a passion for the arts, to fulfill a part-time Front of House (FOH) Supervisor position. The Music Hall, a performing arts center, features curated entertainment from around the world in two theaters in its downtown campus - one, a landmark 900 seat 1878 Victorian theater, the other, the intimate 124 seat Music Hall Loft. Signature series bring top authors and artists to both stages while independent films fill both screens. In addition to direct interaction with patrons, donors, and volunteers, you will work with fellow supervisors in all aspects of the FOH operation.
The Front of House Supervisor or “House Manager” (HM) is responsible for the successful operation of films and live performances on both stages.
- Arrives before the show to prepare the theater for the event
- Checks in volunteers and assigning duties
- Opens concessions
- Briefs bartenders on the number of attendees, duration of the show, and making sure they are ready for open
- Communicates with production and the box office to ensure that the lobby or theater doors are able to open on-time and that the show will begin when scheduled
- Assessespatron issues and able to find equitable solutions or provide details on how the patron can come to a solution
- Responsible for proper cash handling procedures with regards to counting in cash banks, volunteers using the registers, properly ringing in items
- Works with artist’s or their representatives to collect and properly enter any merchandise sales
The Front of House Supervisor will also be responsible for other duties as assigned
- Available to work 3-4 Night & Weekend shifts a week
- Flexibility for day shifts 2-3 times per month
- Strong customer service background in hospitality or retail
- Ability to work under pressure and balance multiple requirements at once
- Professional communication and leadership with volunteers and staff
- Working knowledge of microsoft or google products & e-mail correspondence
- Be at ease with spreadsheets, word processing, and presentations
- Work well in a team
- Be able to work under pressure
- Previous Theatre/ Front of House experience
- Bartending Experience
- Familiarity with Digital Dining or other POS Systems
- A.S./B.S. in Hospitality
Reports to: Senior Front of House Manager
Subordinate staff: bartenders, interns, volunteers
Other internal contacts: Marketing, Development, Box Office, Programming, and other Operations staff; Board of Trustees
External contacts: members of The Music Hall, and the general public
For this hourly position, compensation is commensurate with experience. Plus, all the popcorn you can eat.
How to Apply:
SENIOR FRONT OF HOUSE MANAGER
Full-time – Portsmouth, NH
The Music Hall, a vibrant and active arts and culture nonprofit, seeks an energetic and motivated person as its Senior Front of House Manager. Under the leadership of a progressive Executive Director and a forward looking staff The Music Hall has become one of the premier performing arts centers in New England and is poised for further growth.
The Senior Front of House Manager is a full-time, benefitted position and is responsible for the coordination and smooth operation of The Music Hall’s Historic Theater and the Loft Front of House areas, including three custom lobbies, two concession areas, four bars, coat check, as well as front of house show duties. This position encompasses bar/concession management and supervision of a Food and Beverage manager, part–time bartenders, part-time house managers, volunteer coordinator and volunteer staff assigned to ushering, coat check, merchandise, and concessions, for live events, movies, and private events. The Senior Front of House Manager will be responsible for supervising the bar manager in ordering and buying liquor and concessions supplies, some merchandise, and working with caterers. This is a high visibility position and very hands on.
Experience in hospitality industry and or theater front of house management a must. The patron’s experience at The Music Hall will be of primary concern, as well as maximizing revenue streams and controlling costs. Create and drive a service culture, which delivers outstanding customer service through all aspects of the business, including volunteer training and expectations. Being able to deliver high standards in a fast-paced environment with a pioneering attitude is essential. This position is full-time with evening and weekend schedules and includes The Music Hall benefit package including health insurance, participation in a 401K plan, vacation and sick pay. Compensation is commensurate with experience.
- Post-secondary education – diploma or certificate
- Experience with hospitality industry and liquor
- Experience with retail and restaurant management
- Experience with volunteers and practical knowledge of theatre environment preferred
- First Aid training and CPR preferred
- Excellent interpersonal skills, even temperament, ability to supervise effectively
- Strong organizational and management skills
- Willing to work weekends, evenings, and some split shifts
- Sustained physical activity through lifting up to 50lb. (canisters and water bottles), pushing carts and lobby set up
- People person and team player
- Organized and upbeat personality
- Enjoy a fast paced environment and hospitality, enjoy hosting patrons
- Responsive and considerate of guest/patron needs
- Energetic person with a creative side looking for an attractive mix of arts and hospitality.
Reports to: Director of Operations
Subordinate staff: House Managers, Coordinator of Volunteers, 200+ volunteers.
Other internal contacts: Production Manager, Box Office Manager
External contacts: Members, General Public, Tour Managers, Community Partners
How to Apply: