Deputy Director of Development
The Music Hall, a $4M+ nonprofit performing arts center with a celebrated Historic Theater and an award-winning chic Loft, located in a sought after community, seeks a senior development professional that will oversee fundraising activities in the Development Department. Joining a lively and successful team, the position will have a primary focus on Corporate Partnership, as well as oversight of Membership, Grants and Special Events. The job entails supervision of staff, working in conjunction with volunteer committees made up of board and other professionals, management and cultivation of high-level relationships, and oversight of the implementation of donor benefits. The individual skills needed include people management, great organizational and communication skills, and ability to lead meetings, set goals and manage budgets. Sales and customer service skills will be advantageous. Previous fundraising and Raisers Edge or other database management experience is beneficial.
The position reports directly to the Director of Institutional Advancement. Compensation includes salary, health benefits, 401K, paid vacations and holidays. Position requires some nights, early mornings and weekends.
The Music Hall is located in Portsmouth, New Hampshire on the Seacoast. Portsmouth is covered widely in travel magazines and makes numerous best-of lists. A gem of a community with history, ocean views, great architecture, and an active vital community with the Music Hall acting as a central organization.
Box Office Associate
The Box Office Associate facilitates department operations by maintaining The Music Hall’s long-running high standard of service, working closely with the Box Office Managers, and coordinating with other departments so The Music Hall operates at the highest level possible to help ensure satisfied patronage and successful events. Duties will include, but are not limited to:
I. Assist with daily operations:
- Sales for events, membership, merchandise, ensuring that patrons, members, board members, VIPs & corporate sponsors are given the highest level of customer service
- Keeping patrons apprised of upcoming events and membership benefits
- Providing support to Operations as needed
- Upholding office policies and department procedures
- Maintain a clean and organized office, insuring that supplies are stocked and equipment is operational
II. Work with other departments:
- Front of House – day to day operations
- Marketing – feedback and proofreading
- Development – ticketing reports
- Programming – ticketing reports
- Production – seating requirements for events, artist guest lists
The Music Hall prefers candidates possess the following:
- Knowledge of Blackbaud products (Patron Edge, Patron Edge Online, Raisers Edge)
- Box Office experience (emphasis on VIP relations)
- Office management background (decision-making skills & leadership)
- Excellent communication skills
- Strong computer skills (Excel, Word)
- Avid interest in the arts
- Ability to work as part of a team, and independently as needed
- Able to work nights & weekends
The Box Office Associate position is hourly, part-time, with a varied schedule week to week that will be Thursday through Monday (includes evenings), with other days possible as needed.