Assistant Front of House Manager: Food & Beverage
Full-Time, Salaried – Portsmouth, NH
About This Job:
The Music Hall, a dynamic performing arts center located in downtown Portsmouth, NH, is seeking a skilled Assistant Front of House Manager to fill a comprehensive position within their operations department. Overseeing two venues, that combined, contain four bars, two concession areas, a coat check and seating for over 1,000, the position will primarily be responsible for the smooth operation of front of house profit centers.
The successful candidate will be able to transition their work load between day-to- day activities such as ordering, inventory, and cost control and be able to pivot into a fast paced evening of movies, author readings, and live events, working hands-on at both venues as a floor manager. With the aid of the senior manager the position will assist with the scheduling of bartenders, and completing the staff schedule for upcoming events. The position is responsible for monthly inventory management, profitability analysis, department adherence to standard operating procedures and the supervision of hourly staff.
The Patron’s Experience in The Music Hall is always the primary concern and being able to deliver high standards in a fast-paced environment with a pioneering attitude is essential. This position is full time with evening and weekend shifts making up the majority of time worked.
- Post-secondary education – diploma or certificate
- Experience within the hospitality industry – liquor controls, special event planning
- Strong logistics and “fix it” skills
- Strong computer skills, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Google Docs
- Excellent written and verbal communications
- Experience working with a volunteer core
- Good attention to detail
- Willingness to work evening and weekend shifts
- Sustained physical activity through lifting up to 75lbs (beer cases and kegs), standing for extended periods of time, and pushing and pulling of carts
- Sense of humor- upbeat personality
- Ability to stay calm and project confidence in many different kinds of situations: social, theater, and interacting with lots of different people
- Quick study, works with minimal direction
- Ability to adjust priorities
- Desire to make the organization and the leadership shine
- Enjoys team atmosphere, collaborative attitude
Reports to: Senior Front of House Manager & Director of Operations
Subordinate staff: Hourly Supervisors, Bartenders, And Volunteers
Internal Contacts: Production Manager, Box office Manager, Administrative Staff
External contacts: Patrons, Music Hall Staff, Sponsors
Full benefits and vacation package, competitive salary (not to mention, all the popcorn and coffee that you can consume, and the chance to see great performances and movies).
How to Apply:
The Music Hall is an equal opportunity employer.