Patron Services @ The B2W Box Office
Hours: 12pm – 6pm, Tuesday – Sunday
closed Mondays and all federal holidays
Visa, Mastercard, American Express and Discover cards are accepted. Tickets may be purchased in the following manner:
- Online: Always on, and the quickest, most convenient way to buy tickets.
- Phone: Call 603.436.2400 during phone hours (see above).
- Walk-up: Visit the B2W Box Office in the Historic Theater at 28 Chestnut Street during open hours (see above).
Historic Theater & Live Under The Arch event ticket fees:
Phone and Online – $2.50 ($16 and under), $8.50 ($17 and above)
Walk-up – $8.50 ($30 and above)
Lounge event ticket fees:
Phone, Online, Walk-up – $2.50 ($16 and under), $6 ($17 and above)
Mailed tickets – $3 per order
The fees you pay when you purchase tickets cover the expenses associated with offering in-person and user-friendly online box office services. While labor and technology costs continue to rise, we work hard to manage our nonprofit business to keep ticket fees as low as possible and ensure that they are considerably less than or on par with other venues. Please note that the prices shown when selecting and purchasing tickets online will include all applicable fees not shown in the base ticket price. Also, fees are non-refundable, even if an event is canceled.
Please do not purchase tickets from websites other than TheMusicHall.org. Those are not sales through The Music Hall, and you will pay much, much more than the actual ticket cost with no guarantee of receiving tickets (real or counterfeit). Purchases made through these third-party websites are not actual Music Hall transactions and cannot be returned to or validated by us. Internet searches for our events can link you to third-party websites. Please only search for our events from our website TheMusicHall.org. There are occasional artist-mandated exclusive fan club ticket sales through the artist website with pre-approved Music Hall seats.
Gift cards are available to purchase through the B2W Box Office and online. Gift cards can be redeemed in person, over the phone, or online. Don’t hesitate to get in touch with the Patron Services team if you have any questions or need any assistance.
REFUNDS & EXCHANGES
Can’t make a performance? Music Hall members at any level may return their tickets to the Box Office up to 48 hours before the event for the value of the tickets to be put on a Music Hall gift card. Patrons may also donate the value of their tickets to The Music Hall at any time, and donations are tax-deductible. The Music Hall reserves the right to update the exchange policy; please inquire at the Box Office or visit our website. There are no refunds unless the show is canceled (fees are not refundable).
If the performers are at the theater, the show will go on. The Music Hall does not offer refunds or day-of exchanges to those unable to attend an event because of weather. Please check our website or contact the Box Office for the latest information about upcoming performances in question.
The Music Hall is located in downtown Portsmouth and does not have designated parking. However, a drop-off area located at the corner of Chestnut St. & Porter St. provides access to the lobby.
The Hanover Parking Garage is located on Hanover Street, two blocks from the Historic Theater. The Foundry Place Parking Garage is on Foundry Place, four blocks away. The Worth Parking Lot is located behind The Lounge. We encourage all guests to visit ParkPortsmouth.com for the latest updates and parking options.
In both theaters:
- Wheelchair seating may be available; accessible seating is available to patrons with disabilities and their guests. All accessible seating is available for sale at the lowest publicly advertised price.
- Our staff makes every effort to assist and accommodate all patrons.
- For specific ticket or access information, please call the B2W Box Office at 603.436.2400.
- Please make special seating requests when ordering tickets. Wheelchair seating can be purchased online.
The Historic Theater is a multi-level facility. The corner of Chestnut St. & Porter St. provides access to the lobby through the front doors.
- A staffed elevator provides direct access to the orchestra level, which also includes the concessions lobby. Stairs lead to the balcony from the orchestra level.
- Accessible restrooms are located in the lower lobby.
- The Historic Theater is equipped with assistive listening devices available to patrons, and these can be checked out at the B2W Box Office on the day of the event.
- We have booster cushions available for children, and seat & back cushions for adults, which may be checked out at the box office.
The Music Hall Lounge is also a multi-level facility with an elevator that leads to accessible restrooms on the lower level.
For an independent assessment of The Music Hall’s accessibility, please read Access Navigator’s conclusions.
Trained service animals only are welcome at events. No weapons or outside food and drinks are permitted at performances or in our buildings. Music Hall management reserves the right to refuse service.
Patron Services @ The B2W Box Office Makes It Easy
Today, more and more theaters are turning to corporate ticketing agencies to manage their box office operations off-site. Bucking this national trend, The Music Hall is committed to maintaining a full-service in-house box office. What does that mean for you as a patron?
First and foremost, our staff will help you select seats that are best for what you desire and provide you with the information you need to know. Second, they live here in the Seacoast so they can provide directions and recommend local restaurants, hotels, places to park, and other area attractions. Third, our staff can mail your tickets at no extra charge, which is a great convenience since many other theaters charge for shipping tickets. Fourth, if The Music Hall used an outside ticketing agency, fees would be much higher and you’d likely pay double.