Ticket & Member Services @ The B2W Box Office
Hours: Phone: 1pm – 6pm, Tuesday – Saturday | Walk-up: 1pm – 6pm, Thursday – Saturday | closed Sundays, Mondays, and all federal holidays
UPDATE 8/25/21: As the number of COVID transmissions continue to rise, we are thankful for your help in keeping our staff, volunteers, artists, and community members safe and healthy.
Effective September 1, 2021, for entrance to Music Hall indoor, full-capacity events (e.g. concerts, comedy, festivals): patrons, staff, and volunteers will need to show proof of full vaccination – 14 days past their final vaccination shot – OR proof of a negative COVID-19 test within three days of the event. Proof can be your physical vaccine card, a photo/scan of your vaccine card or negative test result, or via an app such as Bindle. Masks are encouraged for everyone. Children under 12 years of age are exempt from this policy, but must wear masks indoors. Masks are highly-encouraged for those who are unvaccinated.
Visa, Mastercard, American Express and Discover cards are accepted. Tickets may be purchased in the following manner:
- Online: Always on, and the most convenient way to buy tickets. Online orders incur a $6/item non-refundable charge for items over $15 ($2/item $15 and under).
- By phone: Call 603.436.2400 during phone hours (see above). Phone orders incur a $6/item non-refundable charge for items over $15 ($2/item $15 and under).
- Walk-up: Visit the B2W Box Office in the lower lobby of the Historic Theater at 28 Chestnut Street during walk-up hours (see above). No per item charges.
- By mail: Mail show details, seating requests, ticket delivery method (will-call, email, ship), your phone and email, and check (payable to The Music Hall) or credit card information to: The Music Hall’s Ticket & Member Services, 28 Chestnut Street, Portsmouth, NH 03801. No per item charges.
Please do not to purchase tickets from websites other than TheMusicHall.org. Those are not sales through The Music Hall, and you will pay much, much more than the actual ticket cost with no guarantee of receiving tickets (real or counterfeit). Purchases made through these third-party websites are not actual Music Hall transactions and cannot be returned to or validated by us. Internet searches for our events can link you to third-party websites. Please only search for our events from our website TheMusicHall.org. There are occasional artist-mandated exclusive fan club ticket sales through the artist website with pre-approved Music Hall seats.
Item fees help cover the cost of the ticketing website and operations and are much less than most outlets. Fees apply to online and phone ordering, are not specific to an event, and are non-refundable. Of course, no one likes paying fees but the fees help cover the costs of operations. If The Music Hall used an outside ticketing agency, fees would be much higher—$15-$20 per item. Not to mention that you’d be talking to someone in a call center located somewhere other than Portsmouth, New Hampshire!
GIFT CERTIFICATES & TICKET CREDIT
Gift Certificates available to purchase through the B2W Box Office. Gift Certificates and credits must be redeemed during regular hours in person, over the phone, or via mail. Gift certificates and credits cannot be redeemed online.
REFUNDS & EXCHANGES
Tickets to events may be returned no later than 48 hours before the event only for a credit (see above for details on redeeming credits). Within 48 hours of an event, tickets may be returned as a tax-deductible donation to The Music Hall. If a performance is canceled or postponed, a credit toward a future event or a full refund of the printed ticket price will be available (phone and online fees are for ordering online and via phone, are not connected to the purchased events/films/etc, and are non-refundable).
The Music Hall does not close for inclement weather and does not give refunds or exchanges to those unable to attend an event because of weather. The Music Hall does everything in its power to remain open for all performances. If the performers are in-house, the show goes on.
The Music Hall does not offer private parking. However, a drop-off area located at the corner of Chestnut St. & Porter St. provides access to the lobby. The Portsmouth Parking Garage is located on Hanover Street two blocks over (with additional entrances on Fleet and Ladd streets), a short walk to The Music Hall. The Foundry Place Parking Garage is on Foundry Place, four blocks over. Go here for more parking information.
In both theaters:
- Wheelchair seating may be available; accessible seating is available to patrons with disabilities and their guests.
- Our staff makes every effort to assist and accommodate all patrons.
- For specific ticket or access information, please call the B2W Box Office at 603.436.2400.
- Please make special seating requests when ordering tickets. Wheelchair seating can be purchased online.
The Historic Theater is a multi-level facility. The corner of Chestnut St. & Porter St. provides access to the lobby through the front doors.
- A staffed elevator provides direct access to the orchestra level, which also includes the concessions lobby. Stairs lead to the balcony from the orchestra level.
- Accessible restrooms are located in the lower lobby.
- The Historic Theater is equipped with assistive listening devices available to patrons, and these can be checked out at the B2W Box Office on the day of the event.
- We have booster cushions available for children, as well as seat & back cushions for adults, which may be checked out at the box office.
The Music Hall Loft is also a multi-level facility with an elevator that leads to accessible restrooms on the lower level.
For an independent assessment of The Music Hall’s accessibility, please read Access Navigator’s conclusions.
No pets at events. No weapons or outside food and drink permitted at performances or in our buildings. Music Hall management reserves the right to refuse service.
Ticket & Member Services @ The B2W Box Office Makes It Easy
Today, more and more theaters are turning to corporate ticketing agencies to manage their box office operations off-site. Bucking this national trend, The Music Hall is committed to maintaining a full-service in-house box office. What does that mean for you as a patron?
First and foremost, our staff will help you select seats that are best for what you desire and provide you with the information you need to know. Second, they live here in the Seacoast so they can provide directions, recommend local restaurants, hotels, places to park, and other area attractions. Third, our staff can mail your tickets at no extra charge, which is a great convenience since many other theaters charge for shipping tickets. Fourth, if The Music Hall used an outside ticketing agency, fees would be much higher and you’d likely pay double.