Directions and Parking
For comprehensive details about where to park as well as any closures, visit
The Music Hall’s downtown campus is at the heart of Portsmouth’s eclectic and artsy shopping district which offers a rich variety of restaurants, pubs, wine bars, and cafés. Portsmouth High-Hanover parking garage (at the corner of Hanover and High streets) also offers nearby public parking, and is within easy walking distance of The Music Hall’s two theaters. Public parking is also available at an hourly rate within the Portwalk Place Parking Garage. The entrance to the Portwalk Garage is located at 195 Hanover Street before the intersection of Hanover St. and Maplewood Ave. There are several surface lots nearby as well: The Bridge Street Lot, Worth Lot, and evenings and weekends at the Rock Street Lot (see map above).
While The Music Hall does not have parking, metered spots are located within walking distance as well. A free weekend shuttle runs every 10 minutes from May through early November. Park your car at The Connect Community Church just off I-95 at exit 7 and get dropped off at the bus stop on Hanover Street. Check parkportsmouth.com for full details and schedules.
We’ve developed some parking tips so you can relax and enjoy your visit.
- NEW: Portwalk Place now offers public parking in its garage on Hanover Street. For more information, please visit www.portwalkplace.com/getting-here.
- Leave early so you won’t be stressed about finding a parking spot.
- The High-Hanover Garage fills up frequently; have a back-up plan.
- Don’t bend the rules; getting towed or ticketed is no way to spend your evening
- Patrons with mobility issues may be dropped off at the theater entrance.
The Historic Theater
28 Chestnut Street
Portsmouth, NH 03801
B2W Box Office: (603) 436-2400
The Music Hall Loft
131 Congress Street
Portsmouth, NH 03801
- From Interstate 95, take Exit 7 to Market Street Extension.
- Turn east toward downtown Portsmouth.
- Take the third right, Hanover Street, to the public parking garage or park nearby.