Join a Fantastic Team
Digital Marketing Associate
Reports to: Director of Marketing & Communication
Salary Classification: F/T non-exempt
About This Job:
Join a creative, fast-paced, fun-loving and collaborative marketing team at The Music Hall – a nonprofit performing arts center located in historic downtown Portsmouth, NH that is consistently named one of the top ten small cities in America. This position is ideal for a creative thinking, self-motivated, and curious individual who possesses excellent written and verbal communication skills.
This 100% FTE position with benefits is responsible for managing, maintaining, and growing The Music Hall’s digital presence. The Digital Marketing Associate (DMA) duties include live video, live-blogging, social media account management, light audio & video editing, digital advertising, presentation design, and billing management, marketing analytics/ROI, all under the mentorship and direction of the Director of Marketing & Communications. Some nights and weekends will be required. This position is deadline-driven by event marketing with campaigns dedicated to bringing in diverse audiences, eliciting engagement, and delighting patrons. The ideal candidate will have excellent written and verbal communication skills, strong aptitude in analytics, be comfortable in front of or behind the camera. The DMA will be a key part of the team responsible for creating, synthesizing, and transforming ideas into words from every sector of the organization.
- Manage the online persona of The Music Hall:
- Create engaging social media and digital ad content prior to, during, and after events
- Grow audiences and engagement across all digital platforms, and track effectiveness
- Seek out guest bloggers, content creators, and influencers
- Update website and listing sites content
- Assist with Email marketing campaigns
- Write for web, social media, digital advertising, and other writing tasks, as needed
- Assist in management of billables and budget
- Help create, produce, and promote podcasts/vodcasts and other video/audio content
- Report out to organization on analysis, trends and results of marketing analytics/ROI
- Develop and maintain vendor relationships
- Manage, catalog, and tag digital assets and collaborate with other departments on dissemination of these assets where appropriate.
- Create and maintain presentations and slideshows for various outlets, the marquee
- Be a face of The Music Hall at our events and in the community
- Assist with creation and management of events, event assets, and documentation
- Excellent written, verbal, and interpersonal skills
- Strong aptitude towards marketing analytics
- Energetic, enthusiastic, and collaborative
- A basic to intermediate knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite, especially Photoshop
- A familiarity with Keynote
- Be highly creative and imaginative with an inquisitive nature and desire to learn
- Have an eye for detail
- Works well in a team and collaborative environment
- Be able to work under pressure with multiple deadlines
- Be at ease with spreadsheets, word processing, presentations, content management systems, social media
- Be able to give and receive creative criticism
- Have an eye for detail
- Have an interest in commerce, the arts, popular culture, and new advertising trends and techniques
- Comfortable in front of or behind the camera
- Familiarity with Adobe suite (Photoshop, InDesign, Premiere, Audition).
- Google Analytics, Google Adwords, Facebook Ad Manager, Salesforce, and Wordpress experience
Reports to: Director of Marketing & Communications
Subordinate staff: content & street marketing teams, interns, volunteers
Other internal contacts: Marketing, Development, Finance, Programming and Operations staff, Board of Trustees
External contacts: press, artists’ agents, vendors, and the general public
This is a full-time position with some evening and weekends required. The Music Hall benefit package includes health and dental plan, cell phone reimbursement, participation in a 401(k), earned time and a free membership to the Music Hall. You also get pretty much all the popcorn and coffee that you can consume, and the chance to see great performances and movies.
How to Apply:
The Music Hall is an equal opportunity employer and is located the thriving and beautiful seaside town of Portsmouth, NH. Submit a cover letter, resume and writing samples to The Music Hall, attention Jessica Griffin, email@example.com.