Join a Fantastic Team
Production Technician /Audio Assistant
Title of Supervisor: Assistant Technical Director/Head Audio
Classification: Full Time Non-Exempt
Under general management of the Assistant Technical Director, Production Technicians work on the day-to-day operation and presentation of events in both The Music Hall’s Historic Theater and The Loft, including the maintenance and operation of all theater equipment.
The Production Technician/Audio Assistant will also specifically assist in the upkeep, acquisition, and use of all aspects of the audio systems and video/projection equipment.
- All tasks related to the smooth planning, loading-in, executing and loading-out of events.
- Providing a hands-on approach to a variety of Production needs which may include one or more of the following:
- Loading and unloading equipment.
- Setting up and running of sound, lighting, projection and rigging equipment.
- Recording live broadcasts
- Creating and executing on-screen presentations (i.e. Powerpoint, Keynote)
- Assisting visiting personnel in the operation of equipment.
- Overseeing training and safe use of equipment by crew.
- Managing On Screen content including downloading of Digital Cinema files and liaising with Projectionists regarding content and equipment training.
- Maintaining theater equipment in good working order and ensuring that all those using or exposed to it are safe.
- Maintaining inventories of consumables and advising on purchases within authorized budgets.
- Attending Staff Meetings, Department Meetings, and Rental Client meetings as requested.
Additional Responsibilities May Include:
- Managing work schedules of part-time employees
- Professionally representing The Music Hall to outside personnel including visiting artists, their management and staff, and rental clients.
- Carrying out all duties in accordance with the organization’s Health & Safety Policy and promoting a culture of safety.
- Ensuring the public areas of the theater and/or production space are in a safe and presentable condition.
- Keeping abreast of any changes to relevant Health and Safety Legislation and advising on implementation of such.
- Undergraduate degree in Technical Theater or similar field and/or 2 years professional experience with a focus on Audio or A/V.
- Ability to lift 50-75 lbs
- Proficiency in Google Suite (Drive, Sheets, Docs, etc.)
- Experience using and programming digital consoles/processors.
- Experience using CAD software (Vectorworks, AutoCad, etc.)
- Experience using both Apple and Windows Operating Systems
- General understanding of digital cinema technology preferred.
Successful Candidates Will:
- Have a thorough understanding of the production process and the relationship between Production and other Departments within an organization.
- Have a proven ability to set-up and operate a sound system similar to what is in The Music Hall and the Loft and its various components.
- General understanding of theatrical lighting and rigging systems and willingness to become proficient in both.
- The ability to work in a team or alone as the situation requires.
- Be able to manage the expectations and demands of a number of people, and effectively communicate ideas and needs to them.
- Be proactive in both your own work and in suggesting methods of completing tasks by others.
- Flexibility and the ability to improvise when faced with unexpected situations or emergency situations.
- The ability to work under pressure and to tight deadlines.
- The ability to work with a variety of personality types to productively communicate and complete work.
- Good time management skills.
Start Date: immediately with some flexibility
Email Submissions Only: send cover letter and resume to Production Manager Zhana Morris at firstname.lastname@example.org with subject: Production Technician/Audio Assistant