Kitchen Tour 2019: Tips & Tricks
A celebration of stunning views, sleek settings, and cozy charmers, The Music Hall’s 28th Annual Kitchen Tour showcases state-of-the-art kitchens in downtown Portsmouth homes. Here are a few tips to help you make the most of your day on Saturday, May 11:
- Make it a Party!: This is an ideal event for a Mother’s Day celebration, a gathering of design aficionados, or a crew of curious cooks.
- Tickets: Grab your tickets before the day of the tour to get the best price—and skip the line at our B2W Box Office.
- Tour Map: Once you have your ticket, you can start at any house on the tour. We’ll publish the map on The Music Hall website on May 1 so you can chart your most convenient route in advance.
- Shoes: The tour requires walking from house to house, so wear comfortable footwear. Shoes are not allowed in the homes but we provide every attendee with a pair of booties for the day. Alternatively, wear your favorite socks and tour in your stocking feet!
- Parking: Public parking lots located close to the houses include The Hanover Street Parking Garage, Foundry Place Parking Garage, and The Masonic Temple Lot.
- Get Inspired: As event sponsors, the builders and designers who created the kitchens will be on-site to answer your questions.
- Guide Book: Our Guide Book offers more this year, with professional photos of the kitchens as well as design details and home facts. Bring a pen; photographs are not allowed but the Guide Book has note-taking space for recording impressions and ideas.
- Lunch: Touring kitchens may well whet your appetite and Portsmouth is a foodie town. Consider factoring a meal into your route and making reservations in advance.
We look forward to seeing you on May 11—rain or shine!