Our Corporate Partners Spread Hope
There’s a lot of uncertainty out there but at The Music Hall, we are feeling hopeful. Artists are excited to work with us to reschedule. You, our members, are renewing your memberships in anticipation of a busy fall season. And our corporate sponsors, the most steadfast group of supporters, are already committing their support for 2020-21.
Each year, we rely on the support of 80 corporate partners, some of whom have been supporting The Music Hall for almost 20 years, to provide the critical funding that keeps our programs available and accessible. Thanks to their generosity, thousands of individuals from across the region are able to attend our School Days Series of matinees for young people, experience artist access opportunities for middle and high school students as well as college students, and participate in literary programs and panel discussions for learners of all ages. Sponsor funds also underwrite the distribution of complimentary tickets to school groups and an array of community partners for programs that range from films to live performances.
We are grateful to have such committed friends. Through the generosity of our community, The Music Hall has weathered many storms over its 140+ years. And with your help, we will weather this one too. As we wait to reopen our doors to the public, we are working on programming for the future. When it’s time to welcome everyone back, we will be ready with a full roster of artists, films, educational programs, and events. We thank our incredible sponsors—and you our members—for your contribution to this effort.
We’re All In This Together
Don’t despair—there is always a way to help! If you are able, consider donating to those in need or buying gift certificates from your favorite restaurants and retailers. And if funds are a little tight, share posts on social media (we’ve been sharing lots of good news on our social media channels, if you need some ideas) to spread goodwill. Below are some stellar examples of helpful folks:
- Our friends over at Parma Recordings have started an artists’ relief fund for working musicians around the world.
- Our Innovation + Leadership Presenting Sponsor, Alnoba, opened up their beautiful property for visitors to explore instead of being stuck indoors. Reserve your spot today!
- Writers on a New England Stage Series Sponsor, Tuscan Market is donating 25% of all gift cards sold to its staff who rely on gratuities and are unable to work.
- Souvenir Cup Sponsor Atlantic Grill is waiving room rental fees for all remaining 2020 dates for wedding-related events affected by COVID-19.
- Shout out to our friends at AC Hotels by Marriott Portsmouth Downtown Waterfront for their great work providing meals to Cross Roads House!
- The Music Hall works closely with many local restaurants. Flip through that Playbill you keep on the coffee table for ideas and contact information and order yourself a treat for curbside pick-up.
Check out our social media for more ideas, information, and links so you can give back right away.